8/10/15

Center Intern Update: Andrea Atkinson

This summer I have been interning with the National District Attorneys Association, which is located in Northern Virginia. The NDAA was formed in 1950 by local prosecutors to give a focal point to advance their causes and issues at the national level. Issues the NDAA focuses on include child abuse, animal abuse, litigation, drug policy, guns and gang violence, and violence against women. 

One of my major projects this summer was to begin a comprehensive sentencing guideline manual. This manual, when complete, will include laws from all 50 states for crimes committed against children, elders, and repeat offenders. 

In addition, I was able to complete various online training workshops. Working with the NDAA and working on projects such as the sentencing guideline allowed me to examine issues from a prosecutor’s viewpoint and gain a completely different prospective than I had from previous internships.

No comments:

Post a Comment