10/3/16

Student Staff Update from Jon Greig

This fall is my first semester on the student staff with the Center for Global Justice.  I joined the student staff for the opportunity to gain practical legal experience and to get a taste for advocacy within an international context.  I also feel drawn to compassion work, and wanted to be part of CGJ’s effort to promote justice around the world.

I will be working with my fellow classmate, Josiah Reffo, and Prof. S. Ernie Walton on a project regarding religious freedom in the nation of Turkey.  We will draft a booklet explaining, in laymen’s terms, Turkey’s constitutional commitment to secularism and the guarantee of the free exercise of religion in Turkey.  Our work will examine both Turkish and international law in light of Turkey’s religious freedom challenges.  We hope that our work will help to promote religious freedom in Turkey, especially in light of the recent events.  I am excited to work on this project, which will certainly be an educational experience for me.  Later this semester, I’ll provide an update on our progress.

This post was written by a Center for Global Justice student staff member.  The views expressed in this post do not necessarily reflect those of Regent University, Regent Law School, or the Center for Global Justice. 


No comments:

Post a Comment