2/4/19

Euthanasia in Asia

My name is Lexi Overcash and I am a 1L serving as a student staff member for the Center for Global Justice! I am from Somerset, PA and came to Regent because of its heart for human rights around the world. I was very excited to join the Center for Global Justice this semester because it provided a way for me to be involved with the human rights work while I am still in law school!


This semester I have the privilege of working on a project for Alliance Defending Freedom International. My group is researching laws on euthanasia throughout all of the countries in Asia and compiling the information in a spreadsheet for ADF to use in the future.


Thus far, I have researched the laws in Afghanistan, Armenia, India, and Azerbaijan. I have quickly discovered the difficulty in locating laws in other countries on this issue. Though difficult at times, I have had some success and have become more familiar with how international law systems work and how to access other countries’ laws.


I have found that some of these countries are just beginning to discuss laws regarding euthanasia, whereas others have already adopted laws regarding it. The status of the law typically is related to the country’s general view on the topic based on cultural and religious beliefs.


I am looking forward to continuing my research, becoming more familiar with how countries throughout Asia approach euthanasia, and playing a small part in the fight to protect the sanctity of life around the globe!


This post was written by a Center for Global Justice student staff member. The views expressed in this post do not necessarily reflect those of Regent University, Regent Law School, or the Center for Global Justice.

No comments:

Post a Comment